Having over 6.8 million weekly active users, and 5 million daily users, Slack is a very popular business communications tool. With that many users worldwide, plus companies such as IBM, NBC, Adobe, Autodesk and Capital One all having deployments in the 1000s security is something that Slack are taking seriously and they have announced new enterprise mobile management (EMM) security capabilities in partnership with VMware Airwatch, MobileIron, and Blackberry Good.
EMM ensures that employees access Slack on trusted devices. EMM is a critical addition to Slack’s enterprise-grade security featureset, which also includes data encryption in transit and at rest, SCIM provisioning, SAML-based SSO, integrations with DLP and e-Discovery providers, as well as compliance with HIPAA FINRA obligations and standards, allowing healthcare and financial companies work better within the regulated confines of their industries.
By integrating with EMM providers, IT at organisations can ensure security and policy management by granting Slack access from only approved, trusted devices.
– The EMM integration is available for Enterprise Grid customers.
– it supports 19 EMM providers via AppConfig, including the seven leading vendors: IBM MaaS360, JAMF, MobileIron, VMware airwatch, SOTI, Blackberry, and Cisco Meraki.
– MM adds to Slack’s existing mobile security features like SSO, 2FA, and remote wipe.
– You can integrate EMM in your organization by contacting [email protected].
ENTERPRISE-GRADE FEATURES (IN ADDITION TO EMM)
– HIPAA FINRA: Slack has compliance with HIPAA FINRA obligations and standards, giving healthcare companies the